Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Entry #1: A Warm Welcome


Mood: Anxious

Hi, welcome to my blog! My name is Cheyenne Desrosiers, and I am a 16-year-old girl interested in understanding media. Before this course, I had never paid attention to how the media was working to manipulate its viewers in order to reach an achieved goal; instead, I passively consumed media without considering the implications. Now, I am aware of the different methods used by companies in order to obtain my business. Going into this project, I am extremely excited because it’s going to be a fun challenge where I can incorporate all of the elements I have learned throughout this year. I have never created a film opening nor thought of ideas for a film, so it will be difficult to get started since I’m new to this.
So far, I have been relentlessly searching Google for information on the drama genre through websites such as thisthis, and this. All of my sources have provided an insight as to how dramas are typically formed, the recurring elements, and tips on how to create a successful drama. After researching, I feel like a drama would be the best route for my partner and I because there is an abundance of real life events that we can incorporate into the film. I interacted with a few guided questions that explored the coming-of-age genre in order to further my understanding. My research has been extremely helpful because I've explored common coming-of-age issues that must be overcome, and I find that I greatly enjoy the genre. However, I am concerned that my lack of skills in the script-writing area will hinder my ability to write an enthralling drama. 
The main problem at the moment is trying to figure out where we want to take the film. I have only created a film idea once in a group setting, so I’m nervous that it will take me a long time to come up with an idea in collaboration with my partner. There will be a lot of trial and error with this project, but I am genuinely thrilled to be doing it because I feel that a long-term project such as this will allow me to test not only my creative capacities, but also my organization, cooperation, and responsibility. There are so many aspects of this project that will greatly help me to improve myself and my ideas, especially for the future. 

Please enjoy taking this journey to a great final product with me (I have hope). I'm excited and ready to learn!

Dirks, Tim. "Drama Films." Filmsite. Ed. Tim Dirks. AMC, n.d. Web. 8 Mar. 2016. <http://www.filmsite.org/>.
"Drama." The Script Lab. TSL, n.d. Web. 8 Mar. 2016. <http://thescriptlab.com/screenplay/genre/drama>.

"Top 10 Central Themes in Film." The Script Lab. TSL, n.d. Web. 9 Mar. 2016. <http://thescriptlab.com/screenwriting/story/development/1005-top-10-central-themes-in-film?showall=&limitstart=>.

No comments:

Post a Comment