Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Entry #4: Tangoing with a Title


Mood: Explorative

I may have forgotten to mention a recent development with our project… We decided on a title! Our film is called “Borderline,” a reference to a character that wants to be noticed by the few people who have had interactions with her. She is on the borderline with everything in her life: After a childhood full of neglect, this character (still unnamed) only wants some attention before she *possibly* makes her exit from the world. As many say, she wants to “go out with a bang” and wants spectators so that she doesn’t feel so alone. She is so close to changing many lives all at once. She is the character that reflects the title of our film.

As of now, we are focusing on how to create the title visually using font, size, color, and position of the letters. Since neither Srishti nor I have ever created a title graphically, it will surely be a learning process, as much of this project is. I am starting to research effects with titles in iMovie.

Since I’m a newbie and have access to only a few programs, I looked up some tutorials such as this one about how to apply effects to titles using Keynote and iMovie. Here are some photos where I was playing with the effects and fonts.


On Keynote, I also found some really cool effects under “animate” that I think can really help us with creating the title for our film. I’m currently exploring the different effects, trying to find one that fits my vision. Here is a short clip of one of the cooler effects:


I like the movements, but I’m still searching; this one isn’t as, I don’t know, creepy as I pictured it? Anyway, hopefully I’ll have a cool title to show in my next entry. Until next time! 


Gabrielle Marie. “Drifting Text Effect iMovie.” Online video clip. YouTube, 30 Dec. 2014. Web. 15 Mar. 2016.