Saturday, March 26, 2016

Entry #9: An Accolade for Animating


Mood: Mixed Up

Hey! This is going to be a shorter post as I'm in the middle of a few tasks for this project and do not have a ton of things to update about. I still have to wait a few days to discuss all of the project's problems with my partner; until then, there's not a whole much that I can work with.

Creating the Film Title:
As I have previously mentioned, the name of our film is Borderline. I posted an entry that showed a few of the title animations I was playing with on Keynote, which is what I ended up using for this new graphic:


The neon green background is there so that when I import the clip to iMovie, I can click "green screen/blue screen" and make the background transparent. Therefore, the title will be shown directly on some of the footage shot by Srishti and I. So far, this is one of the best animations I have created, but I'm still working on finding new graphic design websites to play around with. 

Placement of the Film Title:
Our next order of business is figuring out where the title should be revealed in the film opening. Since the editing isn't going very well, we still have no clue where the title would be the most impactful. Determining where to show the title is vital to the tone of our opening, so I'm hoping we can get it right. If we put it in the beginning, I feel like a creepy mood would be set early on which is good for the suspense. On the other hand, I feel like putting Borderline at the end of the opening, after the intruder has left the object in the house, can leave the viewer wanting to continue the film.

I should be updating my blog in a few days with news about how the editing is going and the official graphic for Borderline.