Wednesday, April 5, 2017

I'm Just A Little Bit Caught in the Middle

Mood: Irritated

Hey there! I'm working on finalizing the script for my part in the extract, but I'm having some trouble making the final touches. I want the script to switch between being abstract and concrete throughout the piece, and it has been interesting trying to write in this way; however, it seems to be working! One issue that I am facing though is that my script keeps trying to end on me. By that, I mean that I keep writing a beginning, middle, and end that would fit into about a 4-5 minute time slot. Because the episodes will be longer than that, I don't want the extract to gloss over my story, as that is not how the actual episode would be. I am having a difficult time in extending the middle content because I don't want the extract to end on a weird note, so I'll have to plan that out. I am working diligently to resolve this issue, and the script should be completed by the end of this week. 



Also, there was almost a MAJOR problem that was narrowly avoided today. Our project is due April 16th, and Kass and I have planned out what portions of the project we need to get completed by certain dates. We have a week of spring break (I'm not going anywhere so I have TONS of time to work work work), but we still need to do many parts of this project together. As I mentioned in a previous blog post, Kass and I are using her house to film the intro to our doc in which we are using several of our friends as subjects. We have scheduled them for varying times tomorrow, almost like everyone has their own appointment times (we are very proud of ourselves for managing this). I have the projector packed and ready to go for tomorrow's fun day of filming that will (hopefully) go well! The problem was that Kass's boss told her TODAY that she has to attend some sort of workshop straight after school tomorrow, which is when our filming begins. Apparently, it's a mandatory thing, but Kass was able to get out of it by some miracle THANK GOODNESS. I don't know what we would have done, as many of our friends are leaving for spring break to various places, and Kass is even going to be gone for the first few days of it.

During school on Monday, Kass and I tried to shoot a bit around the courtyard of our school and see if we could manipulative our basic phones into producing some interesting shots. My phone is horrible at focusing, so I figured I could use that to my advantage to try and make some shots look like I'm intentionally doing focus pulls... hehe. We were just playing around and seeing what we could do in preparation for B-roll filming. I did get one cool little tester shot that I found to be superrr pretty:




I thought it would be super cool to get this dust from the ground to blow into the frame of our shot, as it would make it look abstract n stuff, but all that we ended up with was dirt in our faces, so... that was a no-go. I did get this cool chains shot though:



Anyhow, you'll definitely be hearing from me soon with updates on our filming and editing progress. See you then!

The accidental dust-inhaler,

Chey

No comments:

Post a Comment