Thursday, April 7, 2016

Entry #16: Creative Crisis


Mood: Optimistic

About the title: It's nearing the end of this project, and I'm running out of title names... The things I do for good alliteration. *Sigh* Anyhow, back to the topic. 

Today, I looked over the questions for the Creative Critical Reflection, and I'm actually excited to answer them. All of the questions are interesting and ask about topics that I enjoy talking about. I'm going to start my CCR today, as my workload from this week is finally lessening. I am confident in my ability to create a comprehensive look into the process of creating Borderline. For now, I'm trying to find the best programs/websites to make my director's commentary. Students from last year generally used Screencast-O-Matic, iMovie, or VoiceThread, and I'm considering each option. After previewing some of last year's students' CCR's, I am adamant about including both audio and visual elements in my CCR because those that didn't were boring and lacking; they were honestly difficult to watch. Therefore, I am hoping to produce an interesting commentary that keeps my viewers engaged.

So far, this website has been helpful. Apparently, if I use iMovie, then I can record myself speaking and answering all of the provided questions and layer the audio over Borderline, which will be muted in iMovie. That way, I will be able to add freeze frames, discuss specific images, or talk about how a scene was shot while it plays. Well, that's all for now; I'm going to go get started on my CCR, wish me luck!

"Fast, free screen recording." Screencast-O-Matic. Screencast-O-Matic, n.d. Web. 7 Apr. 2016. <https://screencast-o-matic.com/home>.  Fryer, Wesley. "Moving at the Speed of Creativity." Speed of Creativity. WordPress, 27 Oct. 2011. Web. 7 Apr. 2016. <http://www.speedofcreativity.org/2011/10/27/have-students-create-an-actors-commentary-video-playingwithmedia/>.
"VoiceThread Home." VoiceThread. VoiceThread, n.d. Web. 7 Apr. 2016.  <https://voicethread.com/>. 

No comments:

Post a Comment