Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Looking Within

Mood: Reflective

Hey there!! Kass and I have been brainstorming during our classroom time, desperately trying to come up with a subject for our documentary that could work with our weird schedules and can get personal on camera... naturally, we decided to go with me haha! Basically, we figured that, as part of Gen Z, I often notice how people look down upon us all, and I think it's horrible. I've had family members ask criticize us in front of my face, sigh. Anyhow, I think I'll be a good fit for the documentary, as I've had many experiences that have tested my maturity, responsibility, strength, and drive. I feel as if, through a great script and well-constructed doc, I'll be able to represent just a few of the positive qualities that many members of Gen Z also embody.

As for the script itself... heh. It's been an interesting journey, and we're working on it. So far, we have been so focused on finding someone to be in our doc based off of our mental image of this project, but we have been extremely challenged in trying to make it all work. One thing we've noticed among some poetic docs are that they are mainly visual-driven; however, we want the audio to maintain that element of control and stability throughout the piece, as the visuals will be more disjointed. I think that the narration will convey the story and set the mood, and the visuals will aid in that storytelling.

In summation:
Challenge: Scripting such an abstract type of documentary
Solution: Looking within and a ton of freewriting - the results of this TBD

Wish me luck and see you next time!
Chey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment