Sunday, March 26, 2017

Research Makes the Dream Work

Mood: Investigative

Hey there, hope you're doing well today! Recently, I've been thinking about the doc website that I'll have to create as a component of the portfolio project, so I've been looking into color psychology - which, by the way, is SUPER interesting! So far, I came up with a few general ideas that will become more narrowed once we have a solid picture of how our doc will turn out.

What I learned was that the use of color on websites can determine how engaged people are with them. Because our target audience encompasses Gen Z, in addition to older generations, we will try to find a middle ground with the engaging features of our site.

This cool blog provided some great examples and explanations on how color psych works, and how it can benefit the creators of the site. With the right layout and color choices, our website could have higher engagement and product interaction, which is exactly what we need to promote our doc. Promotion is of the utmost importance for obtaining fans of the doc and possible business with buyers.

I also searched the gazillion Google results to find info on how some filmmakers created their own experimental pieces to alleviate my anxiousness about the whole process. I found some interesting stuff in an article from Documentary.org as well as from NoFilmSchool.com. Both of the above articles gave me tips from various professionals on the creation of their own pieces which I hope will aid me in my journey.

See ya soon!
Chey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment